Are you a veteran living in Southern Maryland? Or a family member of a veteran living in Southern Maryland? VConnections was created to help meet the needs of veterans living in Southern Maryland communities by assisting them with the services and resources needed to provide a flawless transition back into their communities. VConnections focuses on areas of education, health and wellness and benefits and claims. They help veterans and their families build relationships, get involved in outreach programs, educate them on the many benefits and services available and much more. For this week’s Friday Focus we caught up with Bill Buffington, Chief Executive Officer of VConnections, and learned about their exciting weekly events and some of their favorite moments captured on YouTube!
Q: Tell us about your organization (who you serve, what you do, etc.)
A: VConnections, Inc. is a registered, tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. The organization was formed with a clear goal of connecting Southern Maryland veterans and their families with available resources within the tri-counties. We provide these connections by
- Being mobile, visible and available for veterans and their families
- Partnering with local, state and Federal resources
- Advocating the concerns and needs of Southern Maryland veterans and their families
Our goal is to provide high quality assistance to aid in the stabilization of under-served veterans and their dependents living in rural communities regardless of race, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or political beliefs.
Q: What is your favorite “moment” (example of how your organization helped)?
A: When assisting our Southern Maryland Heroes, everyday that we can assist, support and even the visits with our homebound Veterans become favorite moments. We at VConnections believe that “A Veterans Day Is Every Day” not just November 11th. Please see the following YouTube links on a couple of our favorite moments – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rx1tooydro & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laGiDnv6t2M.
Q: What is your biggest challenge?
A: As a non-profit, VConnections faces many challenges such as
- Funding Support to assist in achieving our mission and goals
- Developing Partnerships that provide results oriented solutions for our Veterans and Families
- Municipality, State and Federal Support
Q: Are there any upcoming events?
- The VConnections Women Veterans Coffee Break – Sponsored by Chick-Fil-a – Every Friday – From 9AM-10:30AM – At the La Plata Chick-Fil-a
- The VConections Veterans Coffee Break – Sponsored by Chick-Fil-a – Every Monday – From 9AM-10:30AM – At the La Plata Chick-Fil-a and Every Wednesday – From 9AM-10:30AM – At the Waldorf Chick-Fil-a
- For All Veterans and Immediate Family we offer Free Fishing Adventure Outings from Goose Bay, We offer Golf Clinics and this fall we are adding bowling, wellness and fitness support.
Q: How can people get involved with your organization?
A: To contact us please review the following information
10665 Stanhaven Place, Suite 300
White Plains, MD 20695