Q: Tell us about your organization (who you serve, what you do, etc.).
A: The Center for Life Enrichment (TCLE) is a nonprofit organization that provides services to individuals with special needs in St. Mary’s, Calvert and Charles counties. The type of services that we provide are aligned with our mission statement: “to provide programs and support services that will increase the vocational and personal potential of individuals with disabilities”. We are currently providing support to nearly 250 individuals throughout the three counties. TCLE provides a variety of services, grouped according to an individual’s interest and needs: day supports, vocational training, community employment, in-home supports, transportation and community integration. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.tcle.org.
Q: What is your favorite “moment” (example of how your organization helped)?
A: If you ask anyone who works in this field what their favorite moment would be, more than likely their response would be “Every day is special and the biggest reward is the smiles that we receive”. We have a number of individual success stories from individuals receiving their first job, their first paycheck, to individuals getting their own apartment. For TCLE, the favorite moments are all individualized.
Q: What is your biggest challenge?
A: All nonprofit organizations will tell you that their biggest challenge is maintaining or raising money for their organization. The biggest challenge facing many nonprofits is to remain fiscally strong and sound and at the same time, be able to provide the necessary services needed by those we serve.
Q: How can people get involved with your organization?
A: We have a number of ways individuals can become involved at the Center for Life Enrichment:
- We have a volunteer program where individuals can volunteer their time working directly with the participants or assisting us at fundraising events.
- We are always looking for the community’s support by accepting donations of clothes, toys, furniture and everyday knick-knacks that will support our four Vintage Values Thrift Stores.
- We have a boat and car donation program
- We are a United Way Recipient; our campaign number is #56384
- We accept monetary donations to support special projects
Individuals wishing to help or if they would like more information can contact us at 301-373-8100 or email us at email@example.com.