Do you have a New Year’s Eve tradition? Perhaps hosting or attending a house party? A neighborhood get-together? Watching the ball drop in Times Square — in person or on TV? A quiet night at home, and early to bed, early to rise?
We took a quick survey to see what some of those around us are looking forward to on New Year’s Eve, either following a longstanding tradition or starting a new one. Here are some of their answers:
- Staying home with a fire in the fireplace and a good Netflix movie.
- Enjoying a champagne toast at midnight
- Turning the clocks ahead and having a faux “midnight” celebration with the kids, complete with party hats, noisemakers, and “Happy New Year” Shirley Temple toasts.
- Heading off to the movies.
- Enjoying a evening on the town, with dinner and entertainment.
- Hosting a wine and cheese sampling party.
- Getting together with family and friends.
- Settling in with takeout Chinese food and a favorite DVD.
- Relishing a midnight kiss and a chorus of Auld Lang Syne.
Whatever your New Year’s Eve plans, remember the superstition that wearing something new will forecast a fortune in your future (not to mention giving you a good excuse to go shopping!). Double your fortune by wearing something red!
What are YOUR New Year’s traditions? Share them here with us and be automatically entered to win a Starbucks gift card!