From now through November 23, Community Bank is hosting a Food Drive to help stock the shelves of the Southern Maryland Food Bank.
Why is our help so important? According to the Food Bank:
- 509,141 Marylanders currently live below the federal poverty level.
- In the past year, 40,000 more Marylanders have fallen below the poverty line.
- 30% of those living in poverty are children.
- 466,660 people in our service area are food insecure, meaning they are unsure of where their next meal is coming from.
- 45% of those who are food insecure live above the threshold for government assistance and have nowhere to turn except their local soup kitchen or food pantry.
Community Bank is always ready and willing to help out the members of our community who are in need, and we’re hoping our friends and neighbors will do the same. You’ll find clearly marked collection bins in all branch lobbies for your non-perishable food donations. Please be generous in your response!